College Welcomes Five New Tenure-Track Faculty – Bowdoin News

Angel

elcomes-five-new-tenure-track-faculty-bowdoin-news.png

Claire Robison

Claire Robison, BA (Oxford), MPhil (Cambridge), PhD (California-Santa Barbara), assistant professor of religion and Asian studies, is a historian and ethnographer of South Asian religions, with specializations in Hindu, Buddhist, and Islamic traditions. Her research examines how religious identities are being redefined in urban India in relation to changing understandings of family, gender, class, and regional identity. Robison’s teaching includes courses on religion and gender, religious identity in modern India, and the ethnographic study of religion.

“My students at Bowdoin arrive to class enthusiastic and prepared to engage in discussions,” she said. “This has made my first few weeks of teaching here fulfilling and I look forward to future classes.”

More Tenure-Track Announcements

In addition to these five new arrivals, there are also four faculty members already at Bowdoin starting tenure-track appointments this fall. They are Morten Hansen (English), John Kim (Asian studies), Fernando Nascimento (digital and computational studies), and Sebastian Urli (Romance languages and literatures.)

Thank you
https://www.bowdoin.edu/news/2019/09/college-welcomes-five-new-tenure-track-faculty.html