First Dalit head of Juna Akhara for ‘ghar wapsi’ – Times of India

Angel

first-dalit-head-of-juna-akhara-for-ghar-wapsi-times-of-india.png

ALLAHABAD: The first Dalit Mahamandaleshwar of Juna Akhara, who took his first dip at Sangam on the first ‘shahi snan’ day on Tuesday, wants ‘ghar wapsi’ of Dalits, STs and OBCs who “left Sanatan Dharm, or Hinduism, to embrace Buddhism, Christianity and Islam”.
Mahamandaleshwar Kanhaiya Prabhunand Giri, 32, called the moment he took the holy dip a long overdue “equality in religion”.
On Tuesday, Giri talked about exploitation and security threats he faced for being who he is – an SC seer who has risen to one of the most revered positions in the order of sadhus. Born Kanhaiya Kumar Kashyap, the Azamgarh native was initiated as one of the Mahamandaleshwars of Juna Akhara in April last year after the completion of his ‘deeksha’.
“I will wash the feet of the past lives of all my community members who embraced Islam, Christianity and Buddhism due to inequality, and bring them back to Sanatan Dharm. I will show them how Juna Akhara has been inclusive with me,” said Giri.
Thank you
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/first-dalit-head-of-juna-akhara-for-ghar-wapsi/articleshow/67549211.cms