India, Bhutan natural partners: Modi – The Hindu

Angel

india-bhutan-natural-partners-modi-the-hindu.jpg

No two countries in the world understand each other so well or share so much as India and Bhutan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday, as he emphasised that New Delhi and Thimphu are such “natural partners” in bringing prosperity to their peoples.

Addressing students of the prestigious Royal University of Bhutan here, Mr. Modi said it is natural that the people of Bhutan and India experience great attachment to each other.

After all, they are close not just due to their geography. Their history, culture and spiritual traditions have created unique and deep bonds between our peoples and nations, he said.

“India is fortunate to be the land where Prince Siddhartha became Gautam Buddha. And from where the light of his spiritual message, the light of Buddhism, spread all over the world. Generations of monks, spiritual leaders, scholars and seekers have burnt that flame bright in Bhutan,” the Prime Minister said in the Buddhist majority country.

“As a result, our shared values have shaped a common world-view,” Mr. Modi said, in the presence of Bhutan Prime Minister Lotay Tshering.

“And as people, we are fortunate to be the living vehicle of this great legacy,” he said. No other two countries in the world understand each other so well or share so much. And no two countries are such natural partners in bringing prosperity to their peoples, he said.

Mr. Modi concluded his visit on August 18.

Anyone visiting Bhutan is struck as much by its natural beauty as by the warmth, compassion and simplicity of its people, the Prime Minister said.

“During this visit, I have had the opportunity to interact closely with the present leadership of Bhutan. I once again received their guidance for the India-Bhutan relationship, which has always benefited from their close and personal attention,” said Mr. Modi.

“Now, today, I am here, with the future of Bhutan. I can see the dynamism, and feel the energy. I am confident that these will shape the future of this great nation and its citizens. Whether I look at Bhutan’s past, present or future, the common and constant threads are – deep spirituality, and youthful vigour. These are also the strengths of our bilateral relationship,” he said.

The two countries inked 10 MoUs in the fields of space research, aviation, IT, power and education to infuse new energy in their ties.

Thank you
https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/india-bhutan-natural-partners-modi/article29128001.ece