Amit Shah assures citizenship to Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist refugees – Republic World

Angel

o-hindu-sikh-jain-buddhist-refugees-republic-world.jpg

Hack:

• In his address, he assured that the government will soon bring in the ‘Citizenship Amendment Bill’
  • Amit shah accused Mamata Banerjee and her party TMC of misleading the people on the issue.

Home Minister Amit Shah during his address at the NRC-Jagaran Abhiyan in Kolkata, West Bengal on Tuesday assured that Hindu, Sikh, Jain and Buddhist refugees will be accorded Indian citizenship beforehand with the passage of the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill.

During his address on TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee’s turf, Amit Shah said, “The government will bring in the Citizenship Amendment Bill. The Citizenship Amendment Bill will grant citizenship to all the Sikh, Hindu, Buddhists and Christian refugees. I want to assure the refugees in India that the Narendra Modi government will bring in the Citizenship Amendment Bill. After the Citizenship Amendment Bill you and I will have the same rights on the land of India, “Amit Shah said.

READ | Amit Shah to address seminar on NRC in first post-polls Kolkata visit

Amit Shah attacks Mamta Banerjee

Addressing a BJP seminar on the NRC, which has hitherto remained confined to Assam, Amit shah accused West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and her party TMC of misleading the people on the issue.

He said, “Didi (Mamata Banerjee) is saying will not let NRC happen in West Bengal, but I am assuring you, each and every infiltrator in India will be shown the door. You know when she was in opposition&Left was in power, she used to say infiltrators must be forced to leave India, but now since they have become her vote bank she insists that she won’t let NRC happen in Bengal.”
The West Bengal chief minister has sought to project the NRC exercise in Assam as an “anti-Bengali” move after nearly 12 lakh Bengali speaking people, including a large number of Hindus, were left out of the final list of citizens published on August 31.

READ| Amit Shah underscores Mamata u-turn, watch her NRC stand from 2005

What is Citizenship Amendment Bill?

The Indian Citizenship Amendment Bill was proposed in Lok Sabha on July 19, 2016, amending the Citizenship Act of 1955. If this Bill is passed in Parliament, illegal migrants from minority communities of the Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi or Christian community, coming from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan will then be eligible for Indian citizenship.

READ | ‘Nation-wide NRC should be implemented,’ says Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind

Thank you
https://www.republicworld.com/india-news/general-news/amit-shah-assures-citizenship-to-hindu-sikh-jain-buddhist-refugees.html