My Wheels: Don Hancey – The West Australian

Angel

The West Australian
Monday, 30 September 2019 10:24AM
my-wheels-don-hancey-the-west-australian.jpg

my-wheels-don-hancey-the-west-australian-1.jpg

Don Hancey. Credit: Iain Gillespie

WA food ambassador Don Hancey is equally passionate about promoting local producers as he is supporting community and charity organisations here and overseas. When it comes to his car, he finds a Ford Mondeo always fits the bill …

What are you driving and why did you buy it?

A 2016 Ford Mondeo. The main reason for buying a Mondeo — this is my third — is because I can actually comfortably stretch my long legs out from my 195cm frame. Not many vehicles give tall folk that point of comfort and pleasure, especially on long drives.

What’s your Dream Car?

A pink Cadillac. Nah, just kidding. Love Mercs and BMWs for the sleek and aerodynamic design, plus their space-age engineering is gob-smacking inspirational.

What was your first car?

My darling folks let me buy a car when I was 16. It was a bright-green manual 1960s Morris Major for which I paid $299 cash. It was stored in a shed at one of my dad’s mate’s farms just out of Bunbury. I learnt to drive on the farm.

What annoys you most about other motorists?

Lack of merging by thoughtless drivers who think they “own” lanes. And I detest tailgaters.

What’s your favourite driving music?

Radio Buddha chill-out music, Buddha Bar and classical, especially piano concertos by Liszt, Chopin, Bach and all those legends. All relieve stress.

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox.

From around the site

Thank you
https://thewest.com.au/lifestyle/motoring/my-wheels-don-hancey-ng-b881334440z